Southwest Day 10

It was windy freezing cold this morning so we decided to break camp instead of staying another day in Grand Canyon. I think it was the quickest time for breaking camp because now we had more experience.

Then we went to the cafeteria to drop off my mom (to organize work and the rest of our trip) and together with my father, I took a shuttle to the next hike. My dad and I were excited to do the last hike, Bright Angel Trail. This hike was a lot easier than South Kaibab. It’s views weren’t as expansive, but It was very nice. We saw a California Condor and a Peregrine Falcon.



As soon as my dad and I arrived back at the cafeteria, a snow storm began and we decided to hit the road. The beginning part of getting out of Grand Canyon was a bit slow because besides the snow, there was traffic too. Grand Canyon was crowded, especially when comparing it to the other parks we visited.

We changed plans altogether and decided to do something that was not in our schedule as you will see later…. and headed to Holbrook. This was a long drive on I-40.















On our way, a sand storm began and we enjoyed the sand hitting the side of the car. Everything around us was brown from the storm.

When we arrived at Holbrook we went to Butterfied Steak Co. restaurant. The steak was just what the doctor ordered and their place mats had the coolest map ever.

In the past day we have been through every type of weather imaginable. We had a snow storm, wind storm, desert/summer weather, spring weather, and winter weather. Now all I want to do is sleep and go on to tomorrow.

ps: storms are only recorded in my parents' video camera :( but that means you will get to see them later :)

Click here to view more photos of March 22